6 Benefits of Collagen That Will Do Your Body Good
What is Collagen?
Collagen is the most important and abundant ingredient which is found in abundance in our body. It is a type of protein found in our bodies. The most abundantly found protein in our body is collagen 1. This is found mostly in our bones, skin, blood vessels, nerves and tendons and in our digestive system also. There are numerous benefits of collagen for our health and well being.
Collagen boosts our health and our immune system. Collagen helps to improve the elasticity of our skin and strengthens it along with renewing the dead skin cells from deep within.
In other words, you can call collagen a type of “glue” which gives a good hold to the elasticity to your skin and bones, joints and tendons. All this helps to hold the body together.
How does it work in our body?
- Our body’s collagen which is type 1 collagen is produced naturally.
- It begins to slow down as we age.
- We should thank this degenerative process for signs of aging, such as wrinkles, sagging skin and joint pains due to weaker or decreased cartilage.
- Other lifestyle factors like eating a diet high in sugar, smoking and high amounts of sun exposure, eating unhealthy and junk food also contribute to depleting collagen levels.
- Collagen-related diseases most commonly arise from either a genetic defect or poor and unhealthy diet.
- As we grow old, the production of collagen decreases in our body. This causes joint aches, muscles aches, skin getting dull and patchy, the elasticity of the skin looses out causing fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. All such and many other bones related problems are related to the deficiency of collagen in our body.
- If you feel stiffness in your leg or strong leg ache, you should know that your collagen levels might be decreasing in your body. For such, take a proper diet that should include such food and fruits which are rich in collagen.
- Poor intake of collagen-rich foods, nutritional deficiencies and digestive problems affecting the production of collagen in your body.
The Benefits of Collagen & How To Reap Them
- With its gel-like smooth structure of collagen, it holds firmly all the tendons, muscles and bones and allows the smooth and painless function of bones and joints.
- It also reduces the risk of joint deterioration. With time, your body may lose the collagen formation.
- For this, collagen supplements are being sold in the market. Collagen supplements help in the formation and control of type 1 collagen in your body thus allowing the smooth movement of bones and joints.
- By taking proper collagen supplements, your skin will also improve the texture and its elasticity.
Thankfully, consuming foods that are high in collagen can provide plenty of this vital protein. Remember to safely consume such supplements and food that will benefit the process formation of collagen in your body. This will guarantee to keep you fit and healthy with glowing skin.
I hope you found this article to be interesting and informative.
Have a question, concern, or comment? Leave a message below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.