Who doesn’t wish to have a perfect, flawless, and young looking skin? Unfortunately, the natural aging process often leaves us with dull, sagging, and wrinkled skin. While some people resort to a healthier lifestyle, exercise, or even makeup, there are times when nothing makes a difference! Dermal fillers are a cosmetic treatment where hyaluronic acid is injected into the lower layer of the skin to even out the skin, fill out wrinkles, and give an appearance of fuller and firmer skin.
However, dermal fillers are not just for aging individuals who need a little lift to their skin! These fillers can be injected to plump up the lips. As we all know, plump, bee stung lips are thought to be the ‘in thing’!
Few Things You Need To Know Before You Opt For Fillers
- Dermal fillers are not the same as Botox, and are a much safer alternative to achieving firmer, smooth skin. Botox is used to freeze the muscles, which can be quite a dangerous procedure. Fillers, on the other hand, use an injection to fill out the wrinkles in the skin. These fillers have the ability to hold in moisture. Thus, it ‘fill out’ the wrinkles, making the skin look smoother, firmer, and plumper.
- Most of these fillers can have longer lasting effects than other methods. Each injection lasts for 3 to 6 months, depending upon the location of the filler.
- Results of these fillers are almost immediate. You will be able to see a visible difference within 24 hours of the treatment!
- These fillers are almost a pain free experience.
- Dermal fillers can often be used as a relatively cheaper, less painful and less permanent solution to plastic surgery. Many kinds of facial sculpting can be done with the help of these fillers, including injecting fillers in the chin, the forehead, the nose, the cheeks and the lips.
- Every doctor is different. Thus the results, which you can achieve at the end of a treatment plan with each doctor will also differ. While some doctors like to opt for a more subtle look, other doctors prefer their work to speak out more loudly. It is extremely important to discuss with your doctor about what your needs, requirements, and end goals are post treatment. It is also important that you see the doctor’s portfolio prior treatment to check the kind of work that he has done before. This way, you will get a better idea about the kind of work that the doctor does, and the end result that you will achieve.
Before you opt for dermal fillers…
Before you opt for a dermal fillers treatment, you should ask a few important questions to your doctor.
- What are the brands of the fillers being used on your skin, and why does the doctor think they are a better choice than other brands of dermal fillers?
- How long each filler will last?
- What can be done in case you are not happy with the results of the treatment?
- What kind of training the doctor has received, his experience, and his overall results with patients.
- You can even ask for referrals and testimonials to find out about previous patients experience with the treatment of the doctor.
Dermal fillers are becoming increasingly popular amongst individuals all over the world. Fillers are not only for the aged and mature skin, but even younger people can opt for this treatment. It is used to plump up the lips and cheeks and are a safer solution as compared to other procedures and the treatments available for skin.