Homeopathic Remedies for DEPRESSION: Natural Mental Health Boosters
In this post, I am going to share with you my top homeopathic remedies for depression. Tons of users of homeopathy have greatly benefited from the use of homeopathy. But before this, it’s important to understand the negativity of depression in our lives.
Depression: A Life Obstacle
Contrary to our expectations, life isn’t always perfect.
At certain points of our lives, we somehow manage to hit low points.
We may feel very very down and not feeling mentally and emotionally content, stable, or satisfied after a hard struggle, such as a breakup, financial loss, death of a loved one, or a failure.
Even the greatest of the great, such as Moses, Abraham Lincoln, and other world leaders and game changers had all gone through gloomy episodes in their loves.
These struggles may lead into a depression. Psychology defines depression as a lowly state of mind in which everything seems dark and gloomy.
This dangerous state of mind manifests into symptoms projecting that feeling of lowliness and the causes for each person are different for each person. Click on the chart below for a clearer overview overview.
There are several different times of depression such as unipolar depression (depression without a history of mania) and bipolar disorder (alternate states of mania and depression), but I want to focus solely on depression in general, and how it can manifest physically and emotionally, and of course, the homeopathic remedies that are great for depression.
Depression: The Anti-Elixir of Life
The statistics of depression in both the United States and worldwide are pretty staggering and frightening, much like anxiety. Here are the stats:
- In the USA , 12% of adults per year suffer from either severe or mild forms of depression.
- The WHO confirmed this fact for many other nations, such as Canada and the U.K.
- In the vast majority of countries, women are 50% more likely than men to be affected by severe depression.
- 26% of females undergo at least 1 depressive episode in their lives; 12% of males go through it too.
- Recovery times range from approximately 6 weeks-1 year.
- Even for those who recover, most will likely have at least 1 other depressive episode later in their lives.
- Depression affects millions and has led to a whopping $80 billion in work loss, treatment, and hospitalization costs.
- 6%-15% of depressive patients may end up committing suicide.
Besides for the scary statistics, depression itself can manifest in a variety of ways for different people, depending on the circumstances.
Emotionally, most depressed patients have feelings of sadness and dejection. They may label themselves as miserable, empty, and humiliated.
They lose pleasure in materialism and their sense of humor. These feeling sometimes can be followed by agitation, anger, agitation, or crying.
Victims of depression can lose their motivation for performing their everyday activities such as work and hobbies. This lack of motivation for daily activities and life may ultimately lead to either suicidal thoughts, or even suicide itself.
From a behavioral perspective, people afflicted with depression tend to be more inactive and less productive and cognitively, and they hold extremely negative views of both themselves and others. They are pessimistic about everything.
Physical Effects of Depression
All of these emotional and mental symptoms of depression can additionally result in physical symptoms. They may include headaches, indigestion, constipation, dizziness, physical pain, lack of appetite, and insomnia.
Medical researchers have blamed both genetics and biological factors, namely a combination of low norepinephrine and serotonin levels and high levels of cortisol and melatonin.
Because of this, drugs such as anti-depressants and ECT have been suggested to suppress depression.
Homeopathic Remedies for Depression
With homeopathy however, depression can be treated at the core of the issue, but providing an energetic remedy to boost one’s vital force in healing on all levels-physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual.
Not only is it possible for the symptoms to be treated, but additionally and more importantly the core of each person’s individual struggle with depression.
This makes homeopathy an equal, if not, better option than even many of the natural methods out there.
Given that this list of remedies are longer than previous ones, I decided to list them into keynotes, i.e. bullet notes that show the general symptoms that give over the essence of the remedy.
To clarify: if a person is reading the remedies below and their descriptions, and notices that the overall description of a remedy seems to best suit his/her chronic depression, then that may in fact be the best depression remedy for him/her.
The bolded words indicate the main keynotes for each remedy.
- Great, acute state of depression.
- Profound depression results in melancholy & hopelessness.
- Simultaneously a serious, successful intimidating person who have high goals.
- Suicidal thoughts and impulses persistent
- Relieved by thoughts of suicide.
- Suicidal desires may be caused by a grief, disappointed love, or financial failure.
- Ameliorated by music, loves music.
- Fears: heights, heart disease, and/or ESPECIALLY failure.
- Alcoholic or a drug abuser.
- Visual hallucinations.
- Spiritually inclined and desires prayer or meditation.
- Great, acute state of depression.
- Suicidal disposition combined with frequent weeping.
- Nothing is agreeable.
- Sadness for homesickness and for anticipating misfortune.
- Aversion to weeping.
- Ailments from shame.
- Laziness, doesn’t want to work or do anything.
- Likes to be with company.
- Easily irritated, even for no good reason.
- A LOT of restlessness, will change his position every moment.
- Open air ameliorates.
- Great anxiety with heart palpitations.
- Delusion of having every disease.
- Angry when thinking about ailments.
- Feels suffocated when waking up.
Aurum Muriaticum Natronatum
- Has physical growths.
- Desires mustard, salt, and vineagar.
- Fears: dogs, cats, failure, and rejection.
- Can be very manipulative.
- May have many women.
- Very nice and soft.
- Thinks he or she is a monkey.
- Depression with anger.
- Ailments from anger, grief, reproaching oneself.
- Mind is very restless.
- Reproaches himself.
- Feels remorse.
- Very careful with situations and things.
- Prone to daydreaming.
- Serious, intense, idealistic people.
- Very sensitive and sympathetic towards the suffering of others.
- Very angry at himself or others over injustices, even over the environment.
- Rebellious, political, hates authority.
- Grief complaints, history of constant griefs that leads to depression.
- Alcoholism after grief.
- OCD in checking and rechecking things.
- Fear of the future.
- Stammering, notably when excited.
- Fears: dark, animals, ghosts.
- Good for oversensitive children, cry from trifles.
- Forgetful, short-term memory.
- Sometimes in a hurry.
- History of sexual abuse or violence in family.
Click here to learn more about Causticum.
- Women’s remedy.
- Good for childbirth problems, if not progressing or progressing too quickly.
- If mom feels depressed during the childbirth process.
- Depression with suicidal thoughts.
- Feels like she’s bogged down by a cloud of negativity or negative energy.
- Having abdominal pains between periods.
- Chase, nerves, grief, and spasms are evident.
- Feels they should be saintly.
- Disappointed love.
- Idealism and romanticism.
- Sentimental .
- Judgemental .
- Extreme impatience.
- Hysterical .
- Works hard.
- Can be flirty.
- Looking for her knight in shining armor.
- Complains a lot.
- Wants to be the queen.
- Drama queen.
- Laughs involuntarily.
- Thinks she is not sophisticated enough.
- Fear of intimacy and fear of eventual break-off.
- Thinks of the other person much.
- Cannot function in a relationship.
- Doesn’t want to confront to grief.
- Indented tongue.
- Doesn’t like detailed work, paperwork.
- Chooses people that reject them.
- Often sighing.
- Will bite their cheek when they talk.
- Food desires are indistinct, desires cheese, fruits, tomatoes, coffee will aggravate.
- Accept their weird behavior but not others.
- Abnormally long depression and grief.
- Possibility of thoughts of suicide.
- Silent grief.
- Introverted, which is caused by grief.
- Aversion to consolation.
- Fears: robbers, house intruders, dark, storms, claustrophobic, insects, germs, and height.
- Anxiety over tiny blemishes.
Click here to learn more about this remedy and to check out personal reviews.
- Closed off.
- Overly responsible patients.
- More focused on business than personal life.
- Practical yet also sensitive, may cry from listening to music.
- Grief coupled with great depression.
- Urge to commit suicide but won’t do so because of his sense of duty towards his family.
- Yearns to hang or shoot himself.
- Feels confused or mentally dull after a head injury.
- Happy after using the bathroom.
- Attached to loved ones.
- Divorce or death of a spouse is very very painful.
- Patients sometimes may be wild and indulge in drugs and sex, like chronic Medorhinnum patients.
- Difficult to wake up, get going.
- Indifference to everything.
- Forgets much.
- Hair falls out from grief, out of face/facial hair from grief.
- Sexual thoughts.
- Loss of vital fluids.
- Desires fruit.
- Apathetic depression. May just want to lie down and watch TV.
- Feeling dead inside.
- Stresses may include mononucleosis and diarrhea.
- Essence is poverty.
- “Poverty consciousness.”
- Hopeless and anxious about the future.
- Results in him or her accepting a lowly job and humble living quarters.
- Fears: POVERTY, health, cancer, FUTURE, failure.
- Major anxiety coupled with restlessness and anguish; can affect at night.
- Feelings of forsakenness and isolation.
- Suicidal mindset, resulting from above conditions.
- Has a sour attitude.
- Bliss with heaviness.
- Mind is going too fast.
- Has a manly side to her.
- May have short hair.
- Constantly being patronized.
- Indifference to people and loved ones.
- Aversion to men.
- Likes to be alone.
- Consolation aggravates.
- Perspires when angry.
- Has an indented tongue.
- White spots on nails.
- Since abortion pregnancy or birth control pills hormones are off.
- Having sex or sexual thoughts with the drive for it.
- Bearing down since, things coming out.
- Desires sweets, chocolate, sour things, coffee, bread, smoking.
- Aversion to onions.
- Long term drug use.
- Great for divorced women.
- Scalloped tongue.
- Better for dance, motion, exercise.
- Sinus headaches since birth.
- Mustaches on women, facial hair.
- Computer radiation aggravates.
- Wear dark navy blue.
- Possibly have blue under eyes.
- Intolerant to contradiction.
- For men that are tired, lazy, unmotivated, feminine, and have little or no ambition. Wimpy.
- Fear of being OLD.
- Undertakes things opposed to her intentions.
Click here to learn more about the remedy Sepia.
- Derived from the Delphinium plant.
- Essence of the remedy is the feeling of being cut.
- Acute remedy for cuts and after operations.
- Has a lot of anger and much of it is suppressed.
- All feelings are suppressed.
- Tries to please others.
- Complaints of ailments.
- Pities him or herself.
- Fears losing self-control.
- Fears violence.
- Want to be free and in control.
- Hates injustice.
- Anxiety for others.
- Likes to read medical books.
- Many sexual thoughts.
- Prone to masturbation in order to get his release.
- Good for prostate and urinary tract infections.
- Desires rice, onions, spice, liquid, tobacco, alcohol, fruit, juicy things, sweets, milk, & brandy.
- Being raped.
- things blurt out, come up randomly after suppression.
- Feels pushed over by others.
- avoids quarrels.
- Abused early as a child.
- Feeling beaten out, worn out.
- Always on edge, chip on their shoulder, having an attitude.
I hope you enjoyed this article and if you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.