When you strain your eyes too much and find it difficult to read the text on your computer screen or newspaper or any other reading material, it is a sure sign of an issue with your vision. It is the time you should go for an eye test immediately. However, there are other significant signs that indicate it is time to go for an eye checkup.
An eye exam may involve a series of tests.
- The doctor will use different types of instruments to test your eyes.
- They may even use bright lights directly on your eyes.
- Apart from that, there will be a wide assortment of lenses that you may be asked to look through.
Each of these tests will help the doctor to evaluate the health of your eyes as well as determine all the different facets of your vision.
The primary reason to go for an eye test is to detect issues and diseases in your eyes at the earliest possible stage. This will ensure that it is treatable and cured easily, successfully and quickly. It is only through regular eye tests that your eye care professional will have a better chance to advice you on caring for your eyes.
Best time to schedule a test
Before you know the best time to schedule an eye test it is required to know that your eyes will be much healthier and even free from any diseases do eye exercises regularly and eat healthy. These will ensure that your eyes function at their best.
When it comes to testing your eyes, most of the doctors suggest that even if your eyes are good enough, you should go for an eye test once in a year. These tests will help you to know whether you have:
- Cataracts developing
- Glaucoma or
- Any other eye diseases.
Since your eyes are not as static as other organs in your body, it is only a regular eye test that will ensure that the eye muscles are flexible enough in spite of the changes that go on through the days and weeks. If the flexibility of eye muscles is affected, it will hamper both your vision as well as your visual acuity. This is a test which measures the eye ability to distinguish details and shapes of objects at a distance vision
It is also important to know that you should schedule your eye test when they are least stressed.
- That means the best time to for an eye test is on Monday morning. Your eyes will be relaxed after the restful weekend.
- Also make sure that you do an eye exercise on the morning of the test. This will make sure that your eyes are functional and performing at their best.
Lastly, always get it checked by a reputed and reliable doctor. If you do not get an appointment on Monday, wait and make an advance appointment for the following Monday.
Look for the signs
Here are a few signs that you should care and look for that will indicate it is time for you to go for any especially if you are over fifty:
- Red eyes
- Dry and itchy eyes
- Appearance of spots, floaters and light flashes.
- Diabetes or any other health issues that is known to affect the eyes
- Family history of diabetes or glaucoma
- Difficulty in reading
- Problems in driving at night
- Cannot see the street signs in dark nights
- Blurred vision
- Problem following a moving target or
- Holding books far away from your face or squint one eye to read them properly.
Lastly, if you do not remember when you had gone for an eye test last, it is time to go for it.