Top 8 Effective Home Remedies For Yeast Infection
In this article, I want to show you my top home remedies for yeast infection that are really effective.
Candida or a yeast infection is caused due to Candida albicans, which commonly affects the vaginal area. They can also develop under the breasts, around dentures, nail beds, lower abandon and beneath skin folds.
This condition is often caused by factors such as stress, diabetes, pregnancy, chronic health conditions, antibiotics, and steroids. Some of the symptoms of Candida are itching, swelling or burning around and in the affected part.
Basically, you can treat a yeast infection by using anti-fungal medicines, but they are not safe for pregnant women because they may cause birth defects.
Hence, it’s best to use natural home remedies because these remedies are safe and don’t have any side effects.
See in detail these treatments which can provide immediate relief from a yeast infection.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy
Apple cider vinegar contains antiseptic and antibacterial effects so that it can be used to combat a yeast infection and to fight vaginal odor. Particularly, it contains strong natural antibiotics, which can kill the bacteria, virus, and protozoa causing the yeast infection. Along with that, it aids in restoring the vagina’s pH level, thereby preventing and treating the yeast infection.
Here is how to treat the yeast infection with the ACV remedy:
Firstly, take 2 tablespoons of ACV and later mix it with 1 glass of drinking water. After that, you drink this mixture directly without adding anything. For quick results, you should consume it 3 times daily.
2. Grapefruit Seed Extract
Grapefruit has the ability to destroy the growing yeast in the body along with many pathogens.
This is because it consists of anti-fungal properties and is also antibiotic in nature. Its seed extract is very beneficial for treating Candida including vaginal infection.
Know here how to use grapefruit seed extract for treating the yeast infection:
- First, take water (2 cups) and adding grapefruit seed extract (8 to 10 drops) to it.
- Then, grab an airtight bottle and put this solution in it.
- Shake the bottle well before using it.
- Finally, rinse your infected vagina with this solution.
To treat the yeast infection quickly, clean your vagina daily with this mixture for around 3 to 4 days.
Pregnant women should avoid using this treatment.
3. Coconut Oil Remedy
Due to its antifungal and antibacterial features, coconut oil is highly beneficial for killing the yeast. Furthermore, coconut oil comes with medium-chain fatty acids, which can soothe chaffed and inflamed skin. Applying this oil regularly will trigger the growth of yeast.
Here are two methods to use the oil for this infection:
- First, take several drops of coconut oil and put it in the palm.
- Apply this oil on your affected region with your fingers.
- Finally, spread this oil in the area and keep it on for a couple of hours or overnight.
Applying this oil twice per day will help you get rid of the yeast infection fast.
- First, mix together 1 tablespoon each of coconut oil and cinnamon oil.
- Then, apply this oil mixture on your problem areas.
Follow this process 2-3 times each day for quick results.
4. Yogurt For Yeast Infection Treatment
The presence of lactobacillus acidophilus in yogurt is a bacterium that is found in healthy vaginas. This bacterium will produce hydrogen peroxide that helps to kill the yeast.
Yogurt also contains good bacteria so that it works by maintaining the normal bacteria in the digestive tract. Along with that, yogurt reduces the itching and calms the burning sensation.
The method is:
- Apply around 2 to 3 tablespoons of yogurt on your problem areas.
- Let the application be there for about 60 minutes.
- Wipe it by using a tissue paper or wet towel.
- Repeat the method 3 times daily until you get complete relief from the burning sensation and itching.
- You can also eat yogurt three to four times each day.
- Take a tampon and soak it in some yogurt.
- Place this in your vagina and keep it for 2 to 4 hours before taking out.
- Follow this process twice daily till your symptoms subside.
5. Using Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil is one of the excellent home remedies for yeast infection. Peppermint contains the menthol content, which can kill the fungi causing yeast infections. Additionally, peppermint oil also consists of antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal properties, which are useful for combating the yeast infection.
- Mix around 2 to 3 drops of peppermint oil in some water.
- Then, swish this mixture around in the mouth for a couple of minutes.
- After that, spit it out and rinse well with some clean water.
Alternatively, you can ingest 1-2 peppermint oil capsules.
Repeat this twice each day for visible results.
6. Green Tea Remedy
Being full of antioxidants, green tea helps to strengthen the immune system of the body. It also aids in fighting the yeast infection. Green tea also has anti-bacterial features which are effective at combating yeast infections. Along with that, it soothes the skin and lowers the inflammation.
- At first, you take the green tea bag and later steep it in 1 cup of hot water for a couple of minutes. For flavor, you can add some lemon juice or honey.
- Afterward, strain it and consume this warm tea. You should consume 2-3 cups of this tea daily.
Alternatively, you can refrigerate the used tea bag for some minutes and place it on your problem areas for 10 minutes.
7. Garlic For Yeast Infection
Garlic is commonly known for its ability to cure various ailments.
It is packed with the antibacterial, antifungal, and natural antibiotic components, which are able to treat the yeast infection effectively.
Know here how to treat the yeast infection with garlic:
- Get a few cloves of garlic and crush them to make a paste.
- Then, directly apply this garlic paste onto your affected skin area. You can also dilute some garlic oil with several drops of coconut oil and vitamin E oil.
- Apply this combination to your affected skin.
Another option is to eat some fresh cloves of garlic or take a few garlic tablets daily. This is also very effective in combating yeast infections.
8. Using Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a potential remedy for yeast infections, as it has natural antifungal properties. But, tea tree oil contains some of the agents that can be harmful to the babies, so pregnant women should avoid this remedy.
- Take some organic tea tree oil and dilute it with 1 tsp of olive oil or water.
- Rub this diluted oil over your affected skin part a few times each day.
- Take several drops of tea tree oil and place on a tampon.
- Insert the tampon into the vagina for 2-3 hours and take it out.
- Repeat the process twice per day for fast results.
Conclusion: Keep These Effective Home Remedies for Yeast Infection in Mind!
- apple cider vinegar.
- grapefruit seed extract.
- coconut oil.
- acidophilus yogurt.
- peppermint oil.
- green tea.
- tea tree oil.
In conclusion, these natural remedies will help you to treat yeast infections without leaving any side effect.
But even after following natural cures, if the infection still persists, then immediately consult a doctor.
If you know any other remedies for yeast infection, then share with us in the comments box below.
My Experience (Editor’s Addition)
Note: This section is not original part of this author’s. It is the editor’s addition, which should be noted.
Interestingly, a fellow health blogger actually has seen success with the remedies posted right here on this blog!
She even sent me a sweet email thanking me for helping her. She should really thank this guest contributor:
Hi there,Hope you’re having a good week!I googled my health issue and found the https://
naturalholistichomeopathic. com/top-8-effective-home- remedies-for-yeast-infection on your blog. That awesome post has helped me solve my problems brilliantly, it makes me write this email to say thank you.
Who knows how many more benefited from this list?
About The Author:
This guest post is by Mai Cao, a blogger with many years of experience on searching the best natural home remedies for beauty and health issues.